Sunday, October 31, 2010

Now that's called Confidence

John Carpenter reached the last final question of the episode and the question was "Which of these U.S. Presidents appeared on the television series Laugh-In?", with the choices being A) Lyndon Johnson, B) Richard Nixon, C) Jimmy Carter, and D) Gerald Ford.

Carpenter used his Phone-A-Friend lifeline to call his father, and had the following conversation:

Host: ...John you've got thirty seconds, starts right now.
John: Uh...Hi, Dad.

Tom: Hi!

John: Um...I don't really need your help, I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna win the million dollars...

Well, the confidence level at that point of time for this man was simply authentic and genuinely take-a-bow one. For here he was with all his controlled composure saying that he wants to call his parents just to let them know that he is going to win the first edition of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" in 1999

1 comment:

Raj Shekhar Jeeee said...

I recently saw this video and could not believe my eyes the confidence and the humility of John!!He totally deserves to be a multi-millionaire.I would NOT have been so humble when I win half of the amount.
Great post buddy....Kudos ...