Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Taking Things For Granted

Sometimes, we do take people, things, situations around us for granted and when the time flies past, if we have the level headedness to check back, we begin to realise the importance of them.

When I was loved without my Knowledge,
When I was moved without my Movement,
When I was called without my Calling,
When I was happy without knowing the Reason
Alas, I took things for granted

When I was helped, without the Need,
When I was asked for, just to make me feel good,
When I was hated, To make me feel strong,
when I was sincerely sought after,
Alas, I took things for granted

Now that I learnt, Its easy to misunderstand,
Now that I heard, Its hard to Contemplate,
Now that I felt, The Life's tantalizing Reverie,
I hope I dont miss the Love,
The Honesty, The Modesty, The Faithfulness,
And I could view The Things As It Is
Or view the People As They Are
For Things Should Never Be Taken For Granted,
Trust me, Would give us more than ---- We Wanted !!!

1 comment:

Vidhyashankar K said...

too right. Once you get a bit older, you realize there was so much you should have done. Now the time's over. But we have to understand that we will also do for others, not necessarily an exact reciprocation but in our way.